On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 08:05:04 +0000 (UTC)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> <Directory "/var/www/cgi-bin">
>         AllowOverride None
>         Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks
>         Order deny,allow
>         Deny from all
>         Allow from 192.168.1
> </Directory>
>
> Neither of these has allowed my cgi scripts to run. Can someone
> please tell me what I am doing wrong?
> Sincerely,
> Jon

Red Hat, and others, use /var/www/cgi-bin, as the directory.  I've
found, for Debian, that the correct directory is /usr/lib/cgi-bin/; so,
change <Directory "/var/www/cgi-bin"> to:
<Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">.

When I ran a webserver, I also had the scriptalias stuff in the
file /etc/apache2/sites-available/default file.  I was running a
virtual host though; so, for yourself, the sites-available file may not
be important.

Mark