On Wed, Dec 26, 2007 at 11:26:26AM -0600, Rob Wright wrote:

> I'm using Stable with an amd64 kernel. I want to switch to a 32 bit version
> rather than the 64 bit. Any advice on doing so, or am I better off to just
> reload totally and start from scratch? What's the best way to make this
> change?

It depends.  Are you running Stable (Etch) i386 with a 64-bit kernel or
Stable (Etch) amd64 with a 64-bit kernel?

What are your reasons for needing to switch to a 32-bit kernel?

If you are running Etch i386 with a 64-bit kernel, just use aptitude and
install the 32-bit kernel, then reboot and choose the 32-bit kernel from
the menu list.

Doug.