2007/12/28, Andrew Sackville-West <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On Fri, Dec 28, 2007 at 05:05:30PM +0100, Paul Csanyi wrote:
> > 2007/12/28, Andrew Sackville-West <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > >
> > > Your Xorg.0.log looks fine to me. So what exactly happens when you
> > > type startx? maybe you don't have a window manager selected? How have
> > > you selected your window manager before, using wdm?
> >
> > When I type startx then it runs and on the end I get a blank screen
> > and then I get the Virtual Terminal back again.
>
> Paul, if you want help, you need to be patient. THe behavior above is
> normal. Your X was working, you just didn't have a WM set as the
> default, or setup in ~/.xinitrc.
>
> > This was yesterday.
> >
> > Today I purge the wdm, xserver-xorg, and install xserver-xorg
> > but without wdm again.
>
> why did you purge it? it was working.
>

> > I try now to get X Window with startx, but without success.
>
> Again, in *what way* are you not having success? you Xorg.0.log again
> looks ust fine. You are still facing the same problem as above.

> Please answer the following questions and I'll help you.
>
> WHat window manager do you want to use?

I want to use Window Maker.

> What is the output of (as root):
>
> update-alternatives --config x-window-manager

There is only 1 program which provides x-window-manager
(/usr/bin/wmaker). Nothing to configure.

> you'll need to just press enter to keep it as currently set.
>
> Do you have a ~/.xinitrc or ~/.xsession file? if so, what are the
> contents?

I have not .xinitrc

less ~/.xsession is:

#!/bin/bash

##[Desktop Entry]
#Encoding=hu_HU
#Name=Window maker
#Comment=This session logs you into Window Maker
#Exec=/usr/bin/wmaker
## no icon yet, only the top three are currently used
#Icon=
#Type=Application

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi