On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 03:13:43PM +1100, hce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> was heard to
say:
> What packages I can use man to display program manual, such as "man
> recv", "man string", for both C and C++ (ISO) in my Debian machine?

  For C programming, you need man-db (the manpage viewer) and
manpages-dev (the C manual pages).  C++ documentation is in
libstdc++6*-doc (there are multiple packages, pick the one appropriate
for your installed compiler).  Apparently this package contains
manpages, which surprises me; I would suggest using the HTML docs
instead, though (I think you'll see why when you look at the manpages).

  Note that the C++ manpages include namespaces, so you'll need to use,
e.g., "man std::string".

  Daniel