Hi,

I'm trying to generate a custom install CD based on Etch. I've set up a
local repository with reprepro, and I've installed and adapted
simple-cdd to my needs.

Everything was working just fine until I decided to include signatures
(Release.gpg files). Now here's the problem.

When installing my custom distro with my custom CD, base-installer throws the
following error:

[...]

Copying package lists...gpgv: not a detached signature

E: Sub-process gpgv returned an error code (2)

W: Signature verification failed for /cdrom/dists/etch/Release.gpg

[...]

Of course, I've included my own keyring
(/usr/share/keyrings/debian-archive-keyring.gpg
and/etc/apt/trusted.gpg). When checking manually with gpgv (chroot
/target gpgv /cdrom/dists/etch/Release.gpg), I noticed gpgv created
/.gnupg/ and was looking for trustedkeys.gpg under that directory.

So I forced the install process to copy my keyring to that location.

Now, the manual signature check with gpgv is OK, but apt-cdrom still fails to
verify the signature.

Whatever the options I use (APT::Get::AllowUnauthenticated...) the problem
remains.

Now to my questions:

- Why does apt-cdrom fail if gpgv succeeds when launched manually???

- Why does the install process complete when the Release.gpg file is not even
present on the CD???

Thanks...

http://mail.yahoo.fr