Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Sun, Jan 06, 2008 at 04:04:10PM +0100, pol wrote:
I would like to re-use a physically crashed disk. My guess is that its
surface has been damaged. I would like to re-install debian (or kubuntu). How is it possible to reformat the disk, without using the damaged area?

I assume you know what you are doing and all the risks involved, bla bla ..., backup all your data and so on. Try doing a badblock scan.

I don't know what your situation is, but I bought a second hand ATA100disc the other day, in good condition, for $5.00.
Regards,
--
David Palmer
Linux User - #352034