Tom Raus <raus.tom <at> skynet.be> writes:

> Hello All,
>
> I've been having some issues on my IBM netfinity server toybox. For some
reason the networkcard stops
> working while there is no apparent reason. Sometimes it happens during
transfers, sometimes just while
> it's idle. In /var/log/messages I get the following notifications.

<snip>

> The card itself will remain visible in ifconfig, so it's not really going
down, it just doesn't transfer
> anymore. When I do '/etc/init.d/networking restart' then the issue is resolved
again.
> To me it seems like he can't associate anymore with my wireless router, maybe
because of an WPA (PSK/TKIP) issue?

Could be -- under WPA the router will periodically change the encryption key --
this problem could be occurring when that happens, ie your card isn't resynching
to the new encryption key for some reason. Does your card support WPA? When you
used it before was your network using WPA as opposed to WEP?

Mark