On Wednesday 09 January 2008 21:23, Chris Howie wrote:
> Wow dude... just wow.  Somebody is wound tight today.
>
> The comment I posted did have a useful suggestion.  Try to bait spammers
> with a test email address.  Post it places, give it to spammers.  You'll
> have more test data than you know what to do with.
>
> I was trying to offer a tip while bringing a certain lightness to the
> topic.  Apparently that did not work, but holy crap man... did you think I
> was making fun of you or something?

I was trying to get a resolution to the problem of how to set up bogofilter to
deal with mailing list spam, not deliberately attract spammers. A link to a
known mailing list that wasn't too bothered about spam on their list would
have been usefull though, as the Debian guys have resolved the spam flood
problem.

I don't believe I am wound up. Some time back we had an influx of spam on the
list, and I thought I'd fixed it within bogofilter. The spam mails to the
list were stopped by the Debian guys, so it was difficult to know if what I
had done had fixed it or not. The latest flood of spam from the list showed
that I hadn't fixed it, as it was all turning up in my Debian mailbox. Some
folks were indicating that they used bogofilter, which is why I posted this
question.

Also please don't top post. Reading an answer before a question is not easy.

Nigel.