On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 15:35:58 -0500
Paul Cartwright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri January 11 2008, you wrote:
> > I want to sync mail between a Debian box and a PalmOs device (Centro).
> > I'd prefer to use something in Debian, but jpilot-mail has been removed
> > [0], and pilot-mailsync [1] doesn't appear to be in Debian (it also
> > seems to have been abandoned by upstream).  There's SyncMail for
> > PilotManager [2]; I don't know if it's in Debian, and in any event it
> > also seems abandoned; it doesn't seem to have been updated since 2000.
>
> I use kpilot and pilot-link to sync my Palm 680 to my Debian Lenny desktop..
> Of course I am running KDE.. there is a big thread(s) on kde-pim mailing list
> about the palm devices..

I may have been unclear, but pilot-link works fine, and I assume jpilot
will too, once I configure it.  My problem is that IIUC, syncing the
data for specific apps requires conduits designed for the apps'
specific database formats, and I know of no conduit currently in Debian
that will handle mail (either Versamail, or the OSS GnuGotMail would be
fine).  Does kpilot contain a mail conduit?  I don't use KDE, but a
solid mail conduit might be a sufficient reason to install it.  I'd
think, however, that if it does contain a mail conduit, I should be
able to use it without the entire KDE framework.

Thanks for the reply,

Celejar