Hey, all.

The sound abruptly stopped working on a Lenny KDE installation on my PowerBook G4 12"; I dual-boot with Mac OS X, which it's still working fine with. I'm running a stock Lenny PowerPC kernel, and can't find anything in the APT logs about software changes which might have affected this.

At startup, pbbuttonsd complains that it can't find /dev/mixer, and aRts complains it can't find /dev/dsp (in both cases, ls -l can't find them either). Similarly, "amixer info" says it is unable to find any devices. Nothing in KInfoCenter, lspci or Apple's System Profiler seems to give any information on any sound hardware.

I've tried a dpkg-reconfigure of aRts, reinstalling the arts and libasound2 packages, and installing alsa-tools, without success.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks,
Jim Chittleborough