On 1/25/08, Angus Auld <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Way above my head, but interesting just the same. I
> just
> sort of wanted to know how to use mscompress to
> de-compress

Angus:

I think you'll find that ordinary unzip or 7zip can do that for you.
There basically are two kinds of compressed executables

1) the executable archive, basically a zip file with a little bit of
program code that basically says to "unzip me". These files are far
more common, and handle very well on Linux.

2) the "expand" type compressed exes. These are distinct because they
all have a trailing _ as part of their name, and only seems to be
common on Windows installation media, to save space on the disks. I
don't think there is a tool that will handle this natively on Linux.