* Magnus Therning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [080129 03:07]:
> BartlebyScrivener wrote:
> [..]
> > Can someone please tell me what command to use to elmininate any
> > partitions on the usb drive and format it for moving files between
> > Windows XP and Linux?
>
> My experience is that Windows is a lot more particular about USB keys
> than Linux is.  My suggestion would be to use your Windows box to format
> the USB key to make sure it's readable by both systems.

I have experienced no difficulty with W2000 after using fdisk to
rewrite the partitions and then mkfs.vfat to create the file system.
Look over the pertinent man pages.

On occasion I have experienced difficulty partitioning USB flash
sticks with either cfdisk or fdisk, but one or the other always has
worked.

If all else fails, you can let Window$ do it's (black) magic on the
device.

RLH