Kent West wrote:
On Jan 31, 2008 12:14 AM, Kent West <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On the machine having the 2.6.22 kernel, I can not. Here's the error:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ smbmount //faculty/web netShares/web/
Password:
mount error 2 = No such file or directory
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)

When trying to smbmount "faculty", it doesn't matter if I use "faculty" or "faculty.acu.edu" or the IP address; same failure each time.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ smbclient -L faculty
Password:
Domain=[ACU-ACADEMIC] OS=[SunOS 5.9 sun4u] Server=[LAN Manager 2.1]

       Sharename       Type      Comment
       ---------       ----      -------
       home            Disk      Home Directories
       shared          Disk      Shared Directories
       dept            Disk      Departmental Directories
       web             Disk      Home Directories
    <etc etc etc>

I'm using my username (westk) which is the same on both Debian boxes and on the ACU-ACADEMIC WindowsNT/ActiveDirectory domain. I can smbmount a share that's on a Windows Server 2003 box:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ smbclient -L luke
Password:
Domain=[ACU] OS=[Windows Server 2003 3790 Service Pack 2] Server=[Windows Server 2003 5.2]

       Sharename       Type      Comment
       ---------       ----      -------
       J$              Disk      Default share
       print$          Disk      Printer Drivers
       CIO Cabinet     Disk
<etc etc etc>

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ smbmount //luke/pc_apps mnt
Password:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ ls mnt
Acrobat dynamic.ini New Folder Sophos.lnk
<etc etc etc>

But interestingly enough, when I try to un-mount this share, it seems to unmount (the files are no longer viewable), but the "mount" command still lists it as being mounted:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ smbumount mnt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ mount
<blah blah blah>
dev/hda2 on /home/westk/VMs type ext3 (rw)
//luke/pc_apps on /home/westk/netShares/pc_apps type cifs (rw,mand,nosuid,nodev,user=westk) //luke/pc_apps on /home/westk/mnt type cifs (rw,mand,nosuid,nodev,user=westk)