Michael S. Peek:

> Can anyone suggest a motherboard w/ support for quad-core CPUs and
> gigabit ethernet?  Video and sound don't matter (they'll be headless).
> Multiple CPUs and multiple ethernet welcome.

I am running Debian AMD64 on a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P. It supports the
latest 45nm Core2Duo CPUs (dual and quad) and has gigabit ethernet from
Realtek. I needed the installer from <http://kmuto.jp/debian/d-i/> for
SATA support (and for ethernet, I think), but otherwise it works
flawlessly. I didn't try installing from or to an IDE drive which might
be a problem, but I don't know.

The only quirk was that you have to use the module option
model=6stack-digout for snd-hda-intel in order to hear sound. There's no
graphic chip on the board so you'd have to get a separate one.

J.
--
A passionate argument means more to me than a blockbuster movie.
[Agree]   [Disagree]