Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I haven't googled this, but in looking around for a flatpanel LCD
> monitor, what are the positive things to look for and the negative
> things to avoid? Since the world is moving to flatpanels...
>
> Hugo

My Sony monitor has "shut down" too. By shut down I mean that it isn't
showing anything, and that I haven't opened it up to see if it can be
repaired another time. So I went checking what is there in the market
these days. I found out that most of the (cheap) LCD monitors are
6-bit/colour and use some algorithm to show other colours (CRTs are
8bit). There is a big difference if you see a photo on a CRT and then
see the same one on a cheap LCD. If you want to have a good colours on
your LCD, be ready to pay upwards of 150% than that of a cheap LCD for
an 8-bit LCD.

I have heard that Dells 2007WFP is 8-bit.

HTH.