Haines Brown wrote:
I hope I may be allowed to expand a bit on the OP's question.
What are the advantages of a hardware firewall over a firewall built
into a router?
Can one use both, or should the firewall in a router be disabled if there
is a hardware firewall?
If the OP finds that he has a firewall in his router, would there be any
reason for him to install a software firewall such as shorewall?
got a working firewall in my router plus shorewall installed and working. on my machine together no problem at all. why? the more security the better i guess. hope this guess is right. BTW i was under attack about a year ago. this attack was countered by the firewall in my router.

reg.,

steef

--
steef van duin