Matthew Macdonald-Wallace wrote:
On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 20:56:05 +0530
Kushal Kumaran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 13:25:24 +0000
Matthew Macdonald-Wallace <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi All,

A while back there was an announcement that debian would be
"updating" to kernel 2.6.24, however I've not heard anything since!

I've got a number of systems that for various reasons (mainly
hardware-based) are running a custom 2.6.24 kernel.  Obviously I'd
like to make them "official", does anyone know of a potential
release data for this kernel version?

The 2.6.24 packages are in sid already.  See
http://packages.debian.org/linux-image-2.6.24

Thanks for the heads-up, however I'm slightly^H^H^H^H^H _incredibly_
nervous about running something that is titled "unstable" on a
production system, hence the original question.

I guess I should have stated that I'm running Etch.

Cheers

M.

I have read that there will be an "etch and a half" release that will include the 2.6.24 kernel (if it proves reliable). It is planned for etch r4, we are at r2 now so it looks to me that it will be some time yet before it is ready. My guess is 8 months or so, the key word there being guess.. :)

Better info is here..

http://wiki.debian.org/EtchAndAHalf