On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 23:47:30 +0000, Oscar Corte wrote:

> I'm trying to use netselect without any success.

AFAIK, it has been broken for at least a year now. I was looking for the
answer too. Here was my questions:

I had been able to use netselect before. When I tried it again just now,
all sites end up with "9999 ms 30 hops 0% ok".

I'm wondering why netselect fails on me. My understanding is that netselect
uses ping, but ping works fine for me, but traceroute not. That means
netselect actually depends on traceroute?

As more and more settings don't allow traceroute to go through, is there
any alternatives to netselect?

thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)