Eike Lantzsch wrote:
> Hi:

Hi Eike

> Does somebody have a hint for me how to investigate this problem further:
> Openssh hangs from my workstation to any ssh-server including the workstation
> itself.
> Using another client machine I can ssh into all machines allright, including
> the Fawlty [(c)John Cleese] one. One has also installed Debian testing with
> the very same version of openssh and openssl.
>
> It seems that a certain upgrade has caused this behaviour but I cannot
> determine which library is the culprit. OpenSSH and OpenSSL itself seem to be
> OK because the work fine on other machines.

Have you checked the firewall on your workstation?
# iptables -L

Have you tried it with Putty?

If you create a new user and try it from the new account, same problem?

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ ssh -vv -4 -2 -l myuser 192.168.0.40
> OpenSSH_4.7p1 Debian-4, OpenSSL 0.9.8g 19 Oct 2007
[snip]
> debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST sent
> debug2: service_accept: ssh-userauth
> debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_ACCEPT received
>
> and then for hours no reply ...

It should not make a difference but just to be sure, 'ssh ... localhost'
 instead of the IP gives a timout as well?

cya,
Christian