On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 02:04:39PM -0400, Brian McKee wrote:
> On 14-Apr-08, at 9:58 AM, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
>> Perhaps debian should have an accessible install CD in addition to all
>> the different DTE install CDs.  E.g. one where sound works on most
>> boxes
>> and comes up with voice prompts automatically.  Ideally, it would be a
>> whole new installer with question/answer dialogs with a repeat
>> function
>> as in (say that again?).
>
> I'm no expert - but isn't that the wrong approach?
> EVERY install disc should have 'accessibility' options built right in
> shouldn't they?

I agree with you in theory, but I think in practice it may not work
due to size constraints (especially in the smaller images: net
install, businesscard).

Doug, I think it's a great idea -- I wonder just how complicated it is
to get sound up and working during the install... It can't be that
bad, I think windows does it.