On Wed, 16 Apr 2008, Celejar wrote:

I believe so; you would probably get the source deb and build it
yourself with JS configured.

Will look into that when I get a chance. Thanks.

NN_il_Confusionario that much Javascript content is unnecessary, my

Yes, I agree... I would use firefox if I could, but unfortunately more
sites work with lynx than talk with firefox... :-)

I rarely have any real problems with FF (IW); most of my difficulties
derive from the fact that I am unwilling to install Flash, but my
impression from this list is that there's actually quite good Flash
support via the flash plugin, at least on i386 and possibly other
architectures that can use some sort of wrapper.  What sites give you

Yes, flash is ok on my sighted brothers debian box...

trouble with FF?

Its the fact I'm blind actually, firefox works fine with them... Just orca doesn't read them well... Like firefox and flash and everything would be fine on this box for a sighted person since I'm totally blind and use braille and speech that is where the problem is...
Either hoping for orca to improve, or hoping for a cmd solution...

great problem is that my consumer wireless AP / switch / router
interfaces all require Javascript, so I can't modify their
configurations from the cli.

Uh... My router seems to work fine, but I mostly ssh in anyway.
Openwrt's web gui seems to be pretty good... :-)

That's fine if your router runs Openwrt; mine (Trendnet TEW-452BRP)

Yes, I know.

isn't listed as supported (but it's also not on the unsupported page).

I wouldn't try it then...

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/