I am trying to dist-upgrade my sid machine and am getting a dependency error:

======
$ apt-get -d --print-uris --ignore-hold dist-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Failed
  debconf: Depends: debconf-i18n but it is not going to be installed or
                    debconf-english but it is not going to be installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.
======

I have manually upgrades debconf-i18n and debconf and the currently installed versions are the latest as reported by 'apt-cache policy':

======
$ apt-cache policy debconf-i18n debconf
debconf-i18n:
  Installed: 1.5.21
  Candidate: 1.5.21
  Version table:
 *** 1.5.21 0
        500 http://mirrors.kernel.org testing/main Packages
        500 http://ftp.iitm.ac.in sid/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     1.5.11etch1 0
        500 http://mirrors.kernel.org etch/main Packages
debconf:
  Installed: 1.5.21
  Candidate: 1.5.21
  Version table:
 *** 1.5.21 0
        500 http://mirrors.kernel.org testing/main Packages
        500 http://ftp.iitm.ac.in sid/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     1.5.11etch1 0
        500 http://mirrors.kernel.org etch/main Packages
======

Has anyone encountered this problem? Is there any workaround?

Thanks,
Raj Kiran Grandhi
--
Politics is for the moment. An equation is for eternity.
                                       -- Albert Einstein