On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 21:41:15 -0500, Mumia W.. wrote:
> On 05/06/2008 06:41 AM, James Allsopp wrote:
>> [...]
>> but when I try:
>> apt-get install kernel-image-2.6.686
>> it always says most recent version installed. Does this mean that there
>> isn't a post 2.6.21 kernel image available in Lenny or Sid?
>>
>> I've also tried download the kernel source and doing it manually, but
>> the downloaded 2.6.24 source doesn't contain the Ralink option in the
>> device drivers/networking/wireless section. [...]
>
> Download the source from http://www.kernel.org/ . I have 2.6.24 from
> kernel.org, and I see the ralink option.

The Debian 2.6.24 kernels have it, too, but it is only available if you
select "Networking > Wireless > Generic IEEE 802.11 Networking Stack
(mac80211)" first. This is a relatively new option, so might not be
activated if you start from your own, older config file. Note that the
"Networking" above is in the main menu, before "Device Drivers" (to
avoid confusion with "Network device support" within the Device Drivers
section).

          Florian   |