I am not sure if I understood you correctly, so please correct me if I am
wrong, but I assume:

* you have basically moved all needed partitions for a full Debian system from
  one disk to another,

* and now you want to install GRUB to this second disk so that GRUB can boot from that disk (and you can eventually remove the old disk from the system).

Can you still (temporarily) boot from your first disk where GRUB is still installed? You don't need to be able to boot Debian from the old disk, you just need a working GRUB install there. Does GRUB display a menu when you boot
from your old disk?

Then you can use the GRUB shell, and within the GRUB shell you can run several
commands to install GRUB to the second, new hard disk.

You get to the GRUB shell by pressing the "c" key when GRUB displays the menu. (Maybe you have to press "Esc" first, I am not sure and can't try it now.)

Let me know if this would work for you, then I could tell you more about which
commands to run in the GRUB shell.