Looks like X is running fine. You just need a window manager other than
twm!
from a console, edit your ~/.xinitrc file. For simplicity, this file can
have just one line, reading:
        startkde

That'll start kde (if it's installed correctly). Otherwise you can
specify:
gnome-session #(To start gnome 2)
xterm   #(to start an xterm)

Or whatever you want to start.