On Fri May 23 2008, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > I'm not sure, maybe apt-get couldn't find it?
> >
> > # apt-get install gpg
> > Reading package lists... Done
> > Building dependency tree
> > Reading state information... Done
> > E: Couldn't find package gpg
>
> It's gnupg, not gpg.

wow, I tried the ap-get purge of gnupg, and it said THIS:

# apt-get purge gnupg
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
required:
  libclass-methodmaker-perl python-vte librsync1
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  apt* apt-listbugs* apt-utils* aptitude* aptoncd* cdebootstrap* cowdancer*
  debian-archive-keyring* debian-multimedia-keyring* duplicity* gdebi*
  gdebi-core* gnome-app-install* gnome-gpg* gnupg* gpgkeys* kaddressbook*
  kgpg* kmail* kontact* korganizer* libept0* libgnupg-interface-perl*
  libgpgme11* libgpgme6* libkleopatra1* libkpimidentities1*
  libmail-gnupg-perl* pbuilder* python-apt* python-gnupginterface* reportbug*
  synaptic* tasksel* tasksel-data* update-manager* update-notifier*
WARNING: The following essential packages will be removed.
This should NOT be done unless you know exactly what you are doing!
  apt debian-archive-keyring (due to apt)
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 37 to remove and 11 not upgraded.
After this operation, 65.0MB disk space will be freed.
You are about to do something potentially harmful.
To continue type in the phrase 'Yes, do as I say!'

not no, but H*LL no!

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800