On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 12:17:07AM +0300, Tero M?ntyvaara wrote:
> How do I set fetchmail to automatically fetch mails of all user? Every
> user have to give command fetchmail -a at the moment to get their mails.

Well, you have to enable the fetchmail system-wide daemon in
/etc/default/fetchmail

Then you have to edit the /etc/fetchmailrc

Mine has:

poll pop.porchlight.ca with protocol pop3
        user 'dtutty' there with password 'XXXXX' is 'dtutty' here

For additional external email addresses (assuming each local user has
their own), you just add more user lines.

I'm on dialup and find that fetchmail doesn't try-restart or other magic
correctly, so I altered /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/fetchmail to just
        /etc/init.d/fetchmail restart

If you are on the internet long-term, some have reported that fetchmail
forgets to wake up.  In that case, you could have a cron job that
restarts fetchmail every hour or so (depending on how long it takes to
go into a coma).

Good luck.

Doug.