On 15/06/2008, Bernd Kloss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Did you leave this monitor - beamer (I suppose, your external monitor was a
>  beamer for lectures) the way described above?

I didn't use a video projector for that particular test I mentioned in
my review, just an external monitor. The resolution for my screen did
adjust a little, so that I couldn't see all of the screen in my
laptop, but I could see all of it in the monitor.

Later I tried to do the same trick with Debian, after I wiped Ubuntu.
The results were similar, except that the CRT/LCD key no longer
worked, and if I wanted the projector to see my laptop, I had to
restart X. If I started X with the projector connected, the resolution
adapts to the projector, not the monitor.

By the way, I think "beamer" is a German term. I have never heard it
used by English speakers. Wikipedia calls it a pseudo-anglicism. The
only reason I know what "beamer" means is because I was curious why
the LaTeX beamer package was called like that. :-)

> This now is working fine, I get a clone of the LFP over beamer. But
>  I have problems playing video-DVDs and other formats like flv-files
>  downloaded from youtube (for instance Dr. Quantum). The beamer shows the icon
>  bar of kaffeine, but not the movie whereas on LFP I can see it.
>
>  Did you have the same problems and if so, how did you solve them?

No, I had no such problems. I could play video fine on the projector.
The only annoyances were resolution not matching properly between
laptop screen and projector. I am sorry I cannot help you more.

- Jordi G. H.