On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 13:23:53 +0200, Brent Clark wrote:
> Hi
>
> Would anyone know how to fix the following.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~# apt-get remove dspam-webfrontend --purge
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree       Reading state information... Done
> The following packages will be REMOVED
>  dspam-webfrontend
> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 71 not upgraded.
> 1 not fully installed or removed.
> After this operation, 291kB disk space will be freed.
> Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
> (Reading database ... 39302 files and directories currently installed.)
> Removing dspam-webfrontend ...
> No override present.
> No override present.
> No override present.
> No override present.
> No override present.
> No override present.
> dpkg: error processing dspam-webfrontend (--remove):
> subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 2
> dspam-webfrontend

You can list the dspam-related overrides with this command:

dpkg-statoverride --list | grep dpsam

My guess is that this will come up empty and that the postrm script does
not deal with this correctly. From looking at the postrm script of
version 3.6.8-8 (Lenny/Sid) I get the impression that this line

    dpkg-statoverride --quiet --remove /etc/dspam/webfrontend.conf

might have be changed to

    dpkg-statoverride --quiet --remove /etc/dspam/webfrontend.conf || true

to make it work. You can edit the script yourself; the file should be
here:

/var/lib/dpkg/info/dspam-webfrontend.postrm

If you cannot fix this on your own then tell us exactly which version of
dspam-webfrontend you are trying to purge and which branch of Debian you
run.

          Florian   |