Robin wrote:
2008/6/20 Kent West <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Apparently the Dell Optiplex 320 is one odd piece of computer; the 'Net is
full of people having trouble installing Linux on it.
<snip>
So I tried going the route of doing a network install via
http://www.goodbye-microsoft.com, but it installs grub and doesn't give me
any option to feed the "pci=nomsi" parameter (or any other similar
parameters); I've been unable to find a way to force this grub install to
let me add boot arguments.
I may be misunderstanding, but when the grub menu comes up can you not
press 'e' to edit. If so select  kernel line and press 'e' again and
add option there. Hit the 'Return' key and then 'b' to boot.

No, there's not so much as a grub menu; it's like the grub menu has been pre-told which option to boot from, so there's no option for the user to over-ride the installer's choices. I was hoping someone knew a "hot-key" (like the left-shift (IIRC) in LILO when it's been instructed not to wait for user interaction) to bring the menu up.

--
Kent West
http://kentwest.blogspot.com