On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 20:07:29 -0700
Mike Bird <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sun June 22 2008 19:05:48 Keith Bates wrote:
> > Is it possible to install wine on debian at the moment?
> >
> > Wine depends on libldap2
> > libldap2 conflicts with  libldap-2.4-2
> > libldap-2.4-2 is needed by about 100 other programs including cups,
> > evolution, samba, grip...
> >
> > Obviously I've missed something basic here! Can somebody please
> > enlighten me?
>
> Try "apt-get update" and then look again.  Here wine depends on
> libwine-ldap which depends on libldap-2.4-2.  If there's still
> a problem please let us know which versions you're experiencing
> problems with.
>
> --Mike Bird

Thanks Mike. I installed libwine-ldap fine. Then tried to install wine:

yariknow:/home/mrkeef# apt-get install wine
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  wine: Depends: libldap2 (>= 2.1.17-1) but it is not installable
E: Broken packages

The version of wine I'm trying to install is 1.0.0.
Debian version is testing.

--
God bless you,

Keith Bates