On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 11:58:14AM -0400, "Thomas H. George" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]> was heard to say:
> Question: Is there an MP3 player that plays Ogg files right out of the box?

  I have an iAudio U3 by Cowon.  AFAIK all the players in the iAudio
line support Ogg (and some other free formats like Flac); my only
complaint about this one is that after only a year and a few months it's
starting to break: the headphone jack has been getting flaky (unless I
continually shove the connector in I only get one sound channel) and
just recently I've been seeing signs that the USB jack might be starting
to go (which means I won't be able to load new podcasts and, since it
charges over USB, could turn it into a doorstop).  I don't know if this
is typical of Cowon players or if I just have a bad one.

  When I decide to replace this I think I'll try something from iRiver
(a different company) -- they have a long history of supporting open
formats.  You can also get a player from another company and install
Rockbox, but I would rather buy from a company that supports me
up-front when I have the choice.

  Daniel