Thanks a lot for the answer Florian!

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 22:15:55 +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:

>> - Is your cups web interface the same as my screen shot?
>
> I have more buttons: "Add Printer", "Find New Printers", and "Add
> Class". Also, under "Server" on the right hand side I have buttons to
> edit the configuration file and to view various log files. I run an
> up-to-date Sid/amd64 system.

Thanks, got that one fixed. On trying to find the answer myself I find one
post states that the browser is blocking the icons. So I 'gksu firefox' as
another user and I can see all the icons.

>> - Are you able to add printers?
>
> Yes, I am.

Now the problem is that I can't see any gutenprint driver from the cups
web page. What's the minimum set of package do I need to install so as to
use cups+gutenprint?

FYI, I listed my installed packages at
http://www.cups.org/newsgroups.php?s16580+gcups.general+v16586+T0
the set works before even without foomatic-gui, but not now.

>> > I've just upgrade all my cupsys-* to cups-*. They
> are all the latest
>> > versions in lenny. However, I can't find the "Add Printer" button any
>> > more on its web page (http://localhost:631/admin). Here is the screen
>> > shot: http://s4. tinypic .com/n68fmo.jpg (without space)
>> >
>> > That's different from what I used to see and the online doc too.

My Debian Lenny based. I think I'd wait for a while to try again, because
I saw at least another report that web interface don't work.
Debian Bug report logs - #489892 cups: browsing does not work

>> I've now upgraded all my cups-* packages to unstable [1], but what I
>> get is still exactly the same as aforementioned.

And using the latest packages from unstable is not good idea for cups
currently too, because
http://release.debian.org/migration/testing.pl?package=cups
"cups is not yet built on mipsel: 1.3.7-7 vs 1.3.7-8 (missing 8 binaries)"

Thanks all the same for the answer. Please tell me the minimum set of
package for cups+gutenprint.

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)