On Monday 14 July 2008, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Sun,13.Jul.08, 18:29:25, Hal Vaughan wrote:
> > I'm using Kubuntu, but not the latest version, the one before it
> > (Gutsy, I think) and KDE 3.5.8 and have been using OSS.
>
> Should we assume alsa doesn't work on your machine?

I may be behind the times, but I thought that OSS was superseding Alsa.
Am I wrong?  I've never really done anything with sound before and
haven't really kept track of it.  Would I be better off installing
Alsa?  I'm not wedded to using OSS and have no problem switching to
something that would work better.

Hal