why is it that after a round of updates via aptitude i have to go in and install things like linux-headers afterwards? how can i tell it to automatically update them along with the kernel? i was under the impression that if i had them installed then aptitude would update them as it does any other package.

usually i need this on my laptop. i use module assistant to compile the madwifi and fglrx support. without the headers installing i lose wifi on reboot and have to go through several steps to get it working again (not difficult, just more trouble than i would think it should be).

if the headers were automatically installed i could open a terminal, run m-a, and then have my network up in just a minute or so.

thanks all,
Preston

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/