On Sun,20.Jul.08, 23:51:56, Mike Bird wrote:
> On Sun July 20 2008 23:44:55 Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > I think I'm missing something obvious, but how can DHCP succeed before
> > the AP authentication?
>
> You're right, it can't.  But if there's a way to make
> DHCP wait for AP authentication I haven't found it.
> Fortunately, DHCP retries a few times.

This sounds like a bug in ifupdown, as I thing DHCP should not be
started before the interface signals it has link up.

As to your original problem, I think a hackish fix would be to put a
'touch somefile' as post-up in interfaces file and then have the openvpn
script check for this file. I can't bet on it, but I think ifupdown
already creates such a file somewhere in /var/run.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)