On Monday 21 July 2008 22:50, Gerard Robin wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 10:17:39PM +0200, Nigel Henry wrote:
> >From: Nigel Henry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> >Subject: Problems getting Etch in France
> > tests=LDOSUBSCRIBER,LDO_WHITELIST, MURPHY_FINANCE6 autolearn=failed
> > version=3.2.3
> >
> >The only place I can find in France that has Etch DVD's available, wants
> >payment via paypal, and Visa. I have neither, only my local banks Carte
> >Bleue.
> >
> >I'm currently downloading 6 iso's for Fedora 9 on dialup, and am not too
> >bothered about the time it takes.
> >
> >All my current Debian Installs, Sarge, Etch, and Lenny, were installed
> > using my Woody 3.0r2 disks. I have a new machine, and don't want to go
> > through the hassle of upgrading Woody to Sarge, then Etch, along with the
> > transition to xorg again.
> >
> >Could someone kindly point me to where I can get the base install for
> > Etch, including KDE. I don't mind downloading 4 or 5 iso's if this is
> > necessary.
> >
> >Many thanks for any help with this problem.
>
> Do you know ikarios ?
>
> http://www.ikarios.com/p374-Debian.html
>
> hth.
> --
> Gérard

Well Ikarios have what I want, but only will accept payment by chéque
bancaire, and I can't use my carte bleue for paying online.

This is incredible in the 21st century. I have to write out a cheque, get on
my bike, and ride 20 mins to the post office, perhaps stand in a queue for 20
mins to buy a stamp (un timbre), then post it. 10 days later I may receive my
Debian disks.

I give up.

I have built a new machine, and have had problems with installing Fedfora 8,
Archlinux, and Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon (7.10). Having got these distro's
installed, I want to get Debian Etch installed. I only have Woody 3.0.r2
discs, and don't want to go through the hassle of upgrading to Sarge, then
Etch, along with the transition from xfree86 to xorg again.

Oh to hell with Debian. I have Sarge, Etch, and Lenny on another machine, and
really wanted to see if there were problems installing Etch on my new
machine, where I've had problems installing other distros.

N.