Hi,

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 06:13:36PM +0000, i'll teach you to turn away. wrote:
> i'll teach you to turn away. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> l>         but something changed, even though pine hasn't been updated in
> l> forever. i can't find a setting i even accidentally hit, but now it
> l> just says "[VIEWER command launched]", & doesn't launch anything. i
> l> stay in pine, unable to view the html. any ideas? i used this feature
> l> of pine pretty often. TIA.
>
>       ok, guys, i found it. thanks for the help.
>
>       i was trying a bunch of stuff in my ~/.mailcap, but didn't realize
> there's a global /etc/mailcap. in that, i found this line:
>
> text/html; /usr/bin/sensible-browser '%s'; description=HTML Text;
> nametemplate=%s.html
>
>       i tried changing it, but that didn't work, so i just commented the
> stupid thing out & boom, we're back to normal. i have no clue what
> happened, but it's nice to be able to use lynx again from pine.

This solution is only temporary work around.  If update-mime program is
run by installer, it may be overwritten.  If you want to use partilcular
program to handle HTML mime type, then you should read mailcap.order man
page and set that file and run update-mime.  This is better work around
system wide.  I think you can set HTML MIME handler in ~/.mailcap too.

The real root cause fix is to get sensible-browser working.

It is simple shell script.  You can see it
  $ view $(which sensible-browser)

Osamu