[EMAIL PROTECTED] (i'll teach you to turn away.) writes:

>       right, i tried putting exactly that in ~/.lynx/colors, but it
>ignored me. only editing /etc/lynx-cur/lynx.lss changes the colors - &
>they're laid out ENTIRELY differently from my old lynx color entries,
>which match what you've dumped here (except for the exact colors
>themselves). what's going on with my system?! heh.

Aha, found it.

I also have:
COLOR_STYLE:
in /etc/lynx-cur/local.cfg

It looks like it defaults to
COLOR_STYLE: lynx.lss

so by turning that off, it looks like thats how I got it to pay
attention to my ~/.lynx/colors file.

Hopefully there was nothing else I changed - it was a while ago so I've
forgotten all about it.