On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 11:25:38AM +0200, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a very simple test-repository:
> deb http://www.vandervlis.nl/debian/ ./

I suspect this old simple repository is not compatible with secure apt.

> It works, but it was not signed. Now I try to get the signing OK, but
> when I do an apt-get update I get this error:
>
> Failed to fetch http://www.vandervlis.nl/debian/./Release  Unable to
> find expected entry  Packages in Meta-index file (malformed Release file?)
>
> What will be wrong?
> Please take a look to my Release-file:
> http://www.vandervlis.nl/debian/Release
>
> The code is only Perl and bash, so I can use it for all architectures.

There are 2 Release file with different purpose.  With secure APT, you
need particular one.

Please read new Debian Reference package in lenny or:
in http://people.debian.org/~osamu/pub/getwiki/html/ch03.en.html there
are few interesting parts for you:

http://people.debian.org/~osamu/pub/getwiki/html/ch03.en.html#toplevelreleasefeandauthenticity

http://people.debian.org/~osamu/pub/getwiki/html/ch03.en.html#archivelevelreleasefiles