On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 12:00:20PM -0400, H.S. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is anybody using pulseaudio in Debian? I am interested to know what is
> its status in Debian Sid and Lenny. If somebody has been successful in
> installing and running it, could you share your experience.

I tried it some time ago and gave up in frustration, but
recently gave it another try. I was specifically trying to
solve the problem of USB audio: different apps seemed to have
different ways of dealing with this, so I couldn't just plug
in USB speakers and go, I had to do one thing for the system
as a whole, then a different thing in one sound program, then
another thing for blah blah blah.

The PA installation and setup was a bit of a drag, though I
followed detailed instructions online. And now that it's
working, it's perfect; everything Just Works. There are a few
minor problems I'm having but on the whole I'm glad I did it.

Jesse Sheidlower