On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 06:31:00 -0500
Hugo Vanwoerkom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Amit Uttamchandani wrote:
> > Having used okular in KDE 4, I believe it is one of the best and most
> > feature rich pdf viewer out there. Mainly highlighting and ability to
> > do comments are of most interest to me.
> >
> > However, I do not use KDE 4. Is it possible to build okular using QT4
> > libraries without KDE4? The package requirements in debian lists that
> > okular requires a bunch of kde 4 dependencies. A quick google search
> > did not reveal anything right away so I thought I'd ask here....
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >

> I don't use KDE 4 either. apt-get update + apt-get install okular offers
> to install/upgrade 57 libraries and install okular. 113MB. That takes me
> about 5 hours. If you have broadband takes you 5 minutes.
>
> Why don't you just do that?
>
> Hugo

Thanks for the reply.

The problem with that is that it installs all the kde runtime
libraries. The machine that I am using is really limited in power. I
can't even run GNOME here without slowdowns etc. I am guessing all
those runtime libraries will eat up alot of RAM and cpu cycles
every time I run okular.