I posted this on the Fluxbox mailing lists and have had no response
unfortunately.

I am hoping that Debian Users may be able to provide some insight or
resolution to this problem.

With Opaque Window moving enabled when I move a Window around the screen it
lags behind the mouse pointer considerably.  So much so that I can count a
number of seconds depending on how long I wiggle the mouse around the
screen before the window catches up.  Typing in window (terminals etc) is
fine and loading windows is quick its mainly moving and resizing although
resizing is less noticeable as it doesn't draw the window as it resizes

I orginally thought it was something to do with X and my ATI Radeon card
and had been troubleshooting it from that perspective until I installed
openbox and e16 as a test and found that they run perfect and are nice and
fast.

I am running a minimal Debian Lenny AMD64 netinst.
Graphics card is an ATI Radeon 4850 with the latest Drivers from ATI 8.10

I notice that if I use the "Vesa" driver it improves but the slow/lagging
window problem is still there just not as prominent.

Perhaps i'm missing some required dependancies for fluxbox???

Hopefully someone knows whats going on or maybe Ih have found a bug?