Hi,

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 05:29:02PM +0200, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> Hi there,
>
>   I was experiencing with an unstable package, now I'd like to
> downgrade this package... I have been searching for hours I cannot
> find what I need to do:
>
> I simply tried:
>
>   sudo apt-get install -t unstable nfs-common
>
> now what is the opposite command ?

These is no simple oposit command ....

> Here is what I have:
>
> $ cat /etc/apt/preferences
> Package: *
> Pin: release a=etch
> Pin-Priority: 1001
> Package: *
> Pin: release a=etch-backports
> Pin-Priority: 1001
> Package: *
> Pin: origin ftp.debian-unofficial.org
> Pin-Priority: 550
> Package: *
> Pin: release a=testing
> Pin-Priority: 50
> Package: *
> Pin: release a=unstable
> Pin-Priority: 40

This seems right direction.  But this was exactly the problem I had to think a
lot to figure out.  Problem is "etch".  It should be "stable".

http://people.debian.org/~osamu/pub/getwiki/html/ch03.en.html#archivelevelreleasefiles

Also if I were you, I will trim down my source.lst to just etch and have just:

Package: *
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: 1001

Well anyway...

> $ apt-cache policy nfs-common
> nfs-common:
>   Installed: 1:1.1.3-2
>   Candidate: 1:1.1.3-2
>   Version table:
>  *** 1:1.1.3-2 0
>          40 http://ftp.fr.debian.org unstable/main Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>      1:1.1.2-6lenny1 0
>          50 http://ftp.fr.debian.org testing/main Packages
>      1:1.0.10-6+etch.1 0
>         500 http://debian.theralys.com etch/main Packages

Since pin by code name is not working, stable get default pin value of
500.

> $ sudo apt-get install nfs-common=1.1.2-6
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> E: Version '1.1.2-6' for 'nfs-common' was not found

You want "1.0.10-6+etch.1".  Why not

 $ sudo apt-get install "nfs-common=1.0.10-6+etch.1"

(I am not sure this works, I have not done these things)

My debian reference has been updated to explain all these confusion.

http://people.debian.org/~osamu/pub/getwiki/html/ch03.en.html#packagesfrommixesourceofarchives
http://people.debian.org/~osamu/pub/getwiki/html/ch03.en.html#archivelevelreleasefiles

This is good start.  My old quick reference page is good but contents
are outdated.

Osamu