Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Wed,29.Oct.08, 07:15:12, Goran Dobosevic wrote:
Hi,
I'm new to linux and have Debian Lenny for 3 month. Today when i was open kde user manager so i can add my self to fuse group I got this massages:
Error opening /etc/shadow for reading.
kde user manager was open without root pasword
edit my accaunt->add to fuse group->ok
Can't create backup file for /etc/passwd
Cannot open file /etc/group.bak for writing.
Can't create backup file for /etc/group

Have you been prompted for the root password when you started the user manager? What are the permissions of /etc/shadow ?
no, before few days yes.
permissions of  /etc/shadow are defolt i don't know how to changed them :-)
Regards,
Andrei
Thanks for helping,
Goran