On 11/14/08 19:42, ghe wrote:

Florian Kulzer wrote:
On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 05:01:26 -0700, ghe wrote:

[...]

particularly hated; massive nuisance causing data loss and grief:

        UDEV!!! (not the idea; the implementation)
How does udev cause data loss?

I was working on a system where sda is the system disk, and sdb was to
get a new partition map; powered down for something; connected an
external USB disk; rebooted; partitioned sdb...

The names of internal disks change without notice. This, IMHO, is an
extremely lame idea. I know better now, but it was an expensive lesson.

Measure twice, cut once.  IOW, look before you leap.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

If you don't agree with me, you are worse than Hitler!!!