On Tue November 25 2008, Jussi Nurminen wrote:
> Now, I thought consolekit was supposed to resolve this by letting hal
> know about the active session, but apparently it still does not work.
> Is everybody else having the same problem? It's a pain for our lab
> with multiple-user workstations.

we beat this issue to death a few months back. I had the same problem with
multiple users & multiple USB sticks.. it just doesn't work. I could never
change it so my wife could log in, insert a stick, and write to it. It seemed
like I was always the owner. I run Lenny, GDM, my wife runs KDE and I run
gnome.
I tried adding a UUID to fstab, no dice.  I gave up.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800