Hi Kelly, Lee,

> On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 12:49:57PM -0800, Kelly Clowers wrote:
>
> Personally, I trust xscreensaver a lot more than the KDE or Gnome
> screensavers.
>
> http://www.jwz.org/xscreensaver/faq.html#kde
> http://www.jwz.org/xscreensaver/toolkits.html

Hmm. Interesting stuff to read. Never given it that much thought.

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 7:15 PM, lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> How do you know for sure if the screen saver stops to show graphics
> when DPMS turns off the signal to the monitor? It's what keeps me from
> using a screen saver, I don't want it to be active when the monitor is
> off.

Well, than why don't you set the screen blanker to only blacken the screen.
It might look not so pretty, but it's more energy efficient and better for your
monitor. And there's hardly any visible difference between a black screen
and dpms mode anyway. :-)

Manon.