For some time I've been using LucidaTypewriter in gnome-terminal.   I
recently replaced my video card and something that I did (dpkg-
reconfigure on xserver-xorg or something else) caused GNOME apps to no
longer see the Lucida Typewriter font.  For example, gnome-terminal no
longer lists the font as being available, and it renders text using
another font although its setting is for LucidaTypewriter.

I know that the font exists, as it is listed by xlsfonts and my xterm
setup uses it.  Strangely enough, if I run gnome-terminal remotely on a
host running etch, it uses the correct font and shows that it is
available.  In my understanding of things, the server provides the font,
so this mystifies me.

I have verified that the problem exists using the default gnome setup (I
created a user with no previous gnome usage and saw the same problem).

Does anyone have an idea of what might have gone awry?

Thanks,

Diab