On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 23:49:43 -0200
"Ismael Scalcon" <thesupermo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> That's why we recommend a netbook. It's light, small and the power
> supply of my EEE 701 is smaller than my cell phone charger.

Like I said in my original post, it's an issue of screen and computing
power. I'm looking for a powerful laptop (core2 T9500 or simillar) with a 15"
display so that I can work on it without using an external monitor at home and
in the office.

Netbooks are nice for the occasional work outside, carrying and repairing
presentation and watching movies on the go. They are not work machines. They do
have the advantage of being cheep, but like I said, I was looking for sane in
work terms (~1500$) so that is not the issue.

I do have a friend who claims that he can run matlab on an eee pc, but I still
think that it's fiction ;-)